Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thermochronic's Favorite Online Journal

In college we used to be able to get paper copies of The Onion regularly, anyone traveling up to Madison for some culture on the weekend would always bring one back. When The Onion went online it spawned a rash of internet based time wasting unmatched in modern times. Sometimes their articles, although intended to be funny, are sadly on the mark (look at the publication date of that article). Many times, their science related articles are hilarious, here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:

This last one isn't from the Onion, but it cracks me up nonetheless. I had it on my office wall in grad school, the caption to Figure 1 is perhaps the greatest part.


Enjoy.

2 comments:

Chris R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris R said...

I've always liked this one.