Thursday, May 01, 2008
FT2008 Early Registration Deadline
The early registration deadline for the 11th International Conference on Thermochronometry is tomorrow! Get the purchase card and sign up now, otherwise your grant will have to pony up another 50$. All the information you'll need can be found here. The meeting is in Anchorage, from September 15-19. I've never been to this conference, but reliable sources tell me they have been excellent in the past.
The FT conferences started out as Fission-Track workshops, but have expanded to include all low-temperature thermochronometers. There will be a wide range of posters and talks at the conference. The conveners are specifically requesting papers that fall into these categories:
1) New analytical developments in helium dating and fission-track analysis
2) Thermochronology of orogenic belts
3) Detrital thermochronology, provenance, and basin analysis
4) Thermochronology of sedimentary basins
5) Kinetics and thermal modeling
6) The thermotectonic framework of Alaska and adjacent areas.
Abstract and final registration deadline is June 13th, still time to crank out some ages!
Incidentally, speaking of abstracts, when writing them I always like to paraphrase our former Secretary of Defense and say "You write abstracts with the data you have, not the data you want."