Monday, February 19, 2007

Merit Badges and MacGyver

I know the MacGyver topic is getting a tab old now, but I was fumbling through the science-o-blogosphere (not as smooth off the tongue as geoblogosphere) and I found this "organization." They call themselves the Order of the Science Scouts of Exemplary Repute and Above Average Physique, and they have a variety of science merit badges they describe, one of which, shown here



is the MacGyver badge! This is the first time I have seen this page, but so far I really like the merit badge idea. Some of the others I like are

The "inappropriate nocturnal use of lab equipment in the name of alternative science experimentation / communication" badge.

and

The "my degree inadvertantly makes me competent in fixing household appliances" badge.

One I would like to see is a "successfully salvaged lab equipment from a dumpster" badge, just remembering some of my proudest moments.

2 comments:

Loose Baggy Monster said...

I think there should be a badge for those of us who live with crazy MacGyver people!

Queen Mother said...

The Queen Mother might be convinced to have one of her knaves embroider an appropriate item of clothing with this patch.